In the last decade or so, social media has become an immensely important marketing tool for business of all sizes. From being used for customer service, to building brand awareness, to generating leads, it should not be overlooked in your business’ marketing strategy.
Whether your brand is already on sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, or you are looking to join soon, here are some tips for growing your small business through social media marketing.
Develop trust with customers
Social media is much more than just a platform to promote your company’s products, services, and content. It gives small businesses the opportunity to establish their brand, engage their customers and prospects and build trust, which leads to repeat business and referrals.
Nearly 79% of customers say that they will only buy from brands that prove they care about earning their business. With that said, here are some ways to use social media to build brand trust and show your customers that you care about them:
- Make sure your brand is clearly represented in your social profiles. Create brand consistency using the same logo, color schema and same style of images and graphics. Need to rebrand your business? Look for a service like DesignRush.
- Share high quality content that is of value to your followers, and only use trustworthy links in your posts
- Engage with social users- respond to their questions quickly, encourage interactions and thank customers who are chatting about your brand
- Be transparent, and make sure your branding is consistent
Increase leads through social media
Social media is more than just a way to increase brand awareness and connect with customers and prospects. When done correctly, social platforms can be used to generate leads for your business. According to Quick Sprout, revenue increased for 24% of businesses when they utilized social media for lead generation.
Businesses working to boost incoming leads often see an increased amount of phone calls, and these prospects will expect to speak to a live person right away. If your business begins experiencing a higher call volume and it’s more than your team can handle, consider hiring an answering service. With a live answering service, you can make sure that all of your company’s incoming calls are handled promptly, without having to hire a full-time employee.
Build credibility with online reviews
In 2019, your business can’t afford to ignore online reviews. From service providers, to medical offices, to real estate brokerages (and just about everything in between), consumers flock to websites like Yelp, Google, Facebook to read online reviews.
About 93% of consumers say online reviews impact their purchasing decisions, and they are willing to spend 31% more on a business with excellent reviews. With that in mind, here are some tips to encourage more online reviews for your small business:
- Create an email campaign if you have an active email list. Your email subscribers are your biggest fans, so chances are, if you send them a polite email asking them to take a moment to review your business online, they’ll do it. Be sure to include links to the sites that you want them to leave a review on.
- Provide above-and-beyond customer service. Most people won’t think to leave a review after an average experience, but they are more likely to write a great review for your business if you blow them away with amazing service. By using an answering service to ensure that your customers speak to a friendly, professional live person every time they call, they are likely to appreciate it and return the favor by leaving you a five-star review.