The deathcare industry is a vital part of our society, providing families with comfort and closure during difficult times. Deathcare businesses have the challenge of handling sensitive tasks for clients who are grieving a lost loved one. These businesses, such as funeral homes, must diligently perform their work while maintaining a calm, compassionate composure for their customers. With so many responsibilities, one resource that deathcare professionals can lean on is an answering service. In this short article, we’ll cover the basics of a deathcare or funeral home answering service and how you can use one for your company.
What Is a Deathcare Answering Service?
A live answering service for the deathcare industry involves a specialized phone answering service that provides support for funeral homes, crematoriums, cemeteries, and other related businesses. Many deathcare professionals leverage this resource due to the benefits that it provides. Three major benefits of using a service like Answering Service Care for your bereavement business are:
- Cost Savings. For a 24/7 answering service, the cost is surprisingly affordable. In fact, with Answering Service Care, plans start at just $25 per month. Compared to the cost of an in-house receptionist, which is typically around $3,000 per month for just one employee, using an answering service is a value-packed option for around the clock phone coverage.
- Efficiency. Utilizing specialized agents frees up your time to focus on the essential tasks of providing care for grieving families. Running a crematory or facilitating a memorial service requires careful attention; the last thing you want is to be interrupted by constant phone calls.
Yet those phone calls are one of the most important parts of your business! Missing one call could result in a family going unsupported in their time of need, damage to your reputation, and lost revenue. A dedicated phone answering service allows your company to operate with high efficiency, reducing the administrative burden on you and your staff.
Consistency. In the deathcare industry, customer service is paramount. Providing consistent, compassionate, high-quality communication is vital for each and every touchpoint. At Answering Service Care, we work closely with you to understand your unique offerings and develop custom scripting for any situation that may arise. Our bilingual, 100% U.S.-based agents ensure that customers receive exceptional service with a kind and empathetic touch.
What Does a Live Answering Service Do for Deathcare Professionals?
A deathcare answering service handles calls related to funeral arrangements, memorial services, cremations, burials, and all other aspects of end-of-life planning. For example, a funeral home answering service could also assist with a funeral call, sharing options for memorial logistics. A voice answering service for a cemetery might help a caller with directions to a specific grave site or set up an appointment for a couple who wants to purchase adjoining plots.
While the specifics may vary depending on your business, key functions of a deathcare answering service typically include:
- 24/7 Phone Coverage. When a death occurs, families may need immediate assistance. However, as a deathcare professional, you need time to rest so that your career is sustainable. An answering service ensures that your business can be reached at any time, including overnight, on weekends, and even during holiday hours.
- Providing Information. A deathcare business often receives a high volume of calls where the person is simply making a general inquiry, like asking for directions or needing the time of a specific funeral. Trained agents easily handle this type of call, eliminating these administrative tasks for your staff.
- Scheduling. Most businesses in this industry involve meetings with clients to discuss end-of-life planning, plot purchases, funeral arrangements, pricing questions, and all the numerous sensitive details that need to be explained. An answering service can schedule these appointments, as well as handling rescheduling or cancelations with warm efficiency.
- Relaying Messages. Agents will screen and prioritize calls, taking down important information and passing it along to the appropriate staff for a prompt follow up. With Answering Service Care, you can choose your method of delivery. You can select from:
- Getting a text, email, or fax,
- Calling us,
- Receiving a call from an agent,
- Accessing a 24/7 recording, or,
- Sending your messages to multiple recipients with any combination of the above options.
- Emergency/First Call Dispatching. In case of an emergency or an off-hours first call, operators will quickly contact the right employee to handle the situation.
- Compassionate, Specialized Communication. At Answering Service Care, our deathcare agents are trained to handle grieving individuals with sensitivity, empathy, and professionalism.
How Do I Find the Best Virtual Answering Service for My Deathcare Company?
No need to worry—you already have. Here at Answering Service Care, we have 50 years of experience providing answering services for your industry. Our skilled agents are standing by to help you elevate your customer experience with consistent, compassionate phone coverage. If you’re wondering, “how do I set up a call answering service for my deathcare business?” We have the answer: with Answering Service Care, getting started is as simple as filling out a short form. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll contact you within one business day to finalize with you.