In the last several years, the deathcare and funeral process and experience has significantly changed for everyone involved. The pandemic has presented new challenges to the deathcare industry, with many industry leaders and advocates agreeing that their profession has been irrevocably changed.
What hasn’t changed is that the families of the deceased deserve the highest level of compassion, empathy, and discretion. To keep up with an influx of phone calls while continuing to provide exceptional service to every caller, many funeral homes and deathcare businesses have partnered with live answering services.
Below we will answer and discuss the following questions about how your business can benefit from working with a deathcare answering service.
- How does a deathcare answering service work?
- What can a deathcare answering service do?
- Do I need an answering service for my deathcare business?
How does a deathcare answering service work?
When you partner with a deathcare answering service like Answering Service Care, you can rest assured that every time your phone rings, your callers will receive the same quality of service that you have always provided. Experienced, sympathetic live agents are available around the clock to ensure that calls get answered quickly, and that every caller is treated with compassion. We take care of your callers just as you would, and can assist with things like answering general questions, scheduling appointments, routing calls, taking messages, and more.
What can a deathcare answering service do?
Choosing a funeral home, mortuary, cemetery, crematory, or mausoleum is not a task that’s taken lightly, so it’s important to make a great impression. Here are some of the things a deathcare answering service can do to help you go above and beyond for your clients and prospects.
- Provide professional live agents to answer your phones 24/7. It’s a small thing that makes a huge difference. Only a live human can empathize and reassure callers who are going through a difficult time. Our live agents are available whenever you need them to ensure that your callers are assisted with the highest level of compassion.
- Free up you and your staff. If you feel like you spend the entire day on the phone and nothing else is getting done, an answering service will free you up to be more productive.
- Show your callers that you care about them. Providing live agents to answer every call shows your customers that you value them and are truly there for them in their time of mourning.
- Offer bilingual support. If you’re located in an area with a lot of Spanish-speakers, a bilingual answering service can help you better serve this market.
Do I need an answering service for my deathcare business?
When a person dials a deathcare business, they are usually experiencing a lot of grief and emotional stress. They expect that a compassionate, professional individual will answer the phone and address their concerns with sensitivity and understanding. If your business is unable to deliver this for every single caller, it may be time to consider partnering with an answering service.
Here are some signs that you may need an answering service for your deathcare business:
- Your business is sending important calls to voicemail
- You don’t have enough time to give each caller the individualized attention that they need
- You are spending your whole day on the phone and not getting other tasks done
- You are spending your nights and weekends answering phone calls instead of relaxing and recharging
- You have received at least one complaint or bad online review due to not answering the phone, getting back quick enough to a caller, or delivering the highest level of service